Thursday, February 11, 2010

How to make the doll's face

I use FabricMate pens in various colors, you can purchase these at JoAnn stores, Michael's or online. I  'mark' the center of the nose with a small pin. Using a #2 pencil I then proceed to draw the nostrils and the nose tip. You decide how long the nose should be, then draw the ovals of the eyes, leaving 1 eye width between the two eyes. Continue drawing the pupils in, then proceed to the lips. I like to make the lips smile so I extend the ends upward. With a light tan pen marker, I start to outline the eyes and the nose. I pick an eye color that matches the outfit or the person that I'm making the doll for. I draw the pupil in, add a touch of red to the inner corners of the eyes. I use a white gel pen to add the sparkle to the pupil and later to show the shine on the lips. For the lips, I start outlining with a light pink pen.  You can always make things darker, you may have trouble making them lighter. I continue to use darker pinks or reds.  The choice is yours.  I draw in the eyelashes and eybrows with a darker brown or black pen.  After all is dry, I take out my makeup tray and use skin tones to enhance the nose, shadow the sides of the face and neck and forehead.  I add shadow and rouge tones with small brushes, then I take a tissue and gently wipe off any excess powder.  Voila, my face is done.