Tuesday, March 9, 2010

View my article on doll making in the July 2010 issue of Soft Dolls & Animals magazine


I'm soooooooo excited to share with all of you that an article that I recently wrote will be in the July 2010  issue of Soft Dolls & Animals magazine.  It's a technique article with photos of a wonderful doll for children of any age. It's cuddly, soft and pleasant to look at. I'm keeping it as a surprise.  I'll post the doll as we get closer to July.
This is my version of the doll, Dyeanna, on the cover of the March issue of Soft Dolls & Animals.  I enjoyed using pipecleaners in her arms before I stuffed them; therefore, she can hold the cup and saucer.  She's a little regal and old fashioned with her floor length skirt. I like her stand-up collar as well.  The hair is an extension hairpiece from the Dollar Store.  She has beaded earrings and a hat. Oh soooooo aristocratic! I enjoyed painting her shoes with acrylic paints.