Friday, August 6, 2010

Your version of my 24" craft doll Caitlin.

Made by an 11 year old girl whose mother is in Iraq.
I received this wonderful photo of  my doll pattern, Caitlin, seen in the July, 2010 Soft Doll & Animals magazine.  Mary used the pattern to help her friend entertain the friend's grandaughter.  Mary states that she was fun to make and will make a couple more for the local police department to give to compromised children in the community.

14" Sela is my version of a current Dior magazine ad with a real model.
Another friend, Lori, tells me that her 8 year old daughter received a sewing machine for her birthday from her grandmother. Lori is trying to find the magazine article so that her daughter can make the cloth doll, Caitlin, as well. Photos will follow as I get them..


Sela, has a 'leather' cape, 'leather' boots, added stockings and wild hair. I made her from a magazine photo of this ad for designer, Dior. This was a 'challenge' doll from my husband who found the ad and stated, 'You can make a doll like this, can't you?'  He states that the face is not as sinister as the one in the ad.